Saturday, May 4, 2019

Packaging

As I was doing research about branding I realized that there are a lot of soap packages that have women on them. Because of this I decided to do more research on this, so I searched soaps for women and soaps for men.


                                                        

As I searched on Google  “Bar soaps for women” I saw that most of all the soaps had soft pastel colors and especially pink tones. The font for the branding names of the soaps were more curves and italic. What I understood about the soaps for women the designer for the packaging tried to feminize them by the way the placed the fonts and the colors they used for the packaging.


To get a comparison I searched for “Bar soaps for men.” I saw that there was a big difference between men soaps and female soaps. Men soaps have a more bolder font for the their packaging fonts and they consist of darker colors compared to the women’s soaps. With this information I can think about what is my target group. If my target group is women then I need to think about what will attract them and add those ideas into my packaging designs. If I will be designing the packaging for the men I will need to also think about what aspects relate to men. However if I can create a packaging for everyone but I will need to generalize it.

1 comment:

  1. This is good research, however not backed up as well as it could have been. I think you could have made some more points about gender and the assumptions made by designers/companies towards men and women. There are serious points to be made about how society perceives the different genders and in the LGBT+ community. You also could have talked about in more depth how you would use this research in your project. Are you intending to do something that is unique and subverts the usual approach? Or are you going to produce an outcome that sticks to the 'rules' of traditional soap packaging design?

    ReplyDelete