Saturday, May 18, 2019

Packaging designs

I would like to do a pattern design for my packaging. My artist influence is Julia Rothman.
Floral Pattern reference link
I find her designs quite interesting. I like how the background color contrasts with the drawings, it makes them stand out. These floral patterns give me an idea of how I can create my own floral pattern for the hibiscus and plumeria flowers that I will be using as soap scents.
Flora Pattern reference link
The second pattern is different from the first floral pattern that I picked. This one is not outlined but it stands out because of the use of colors, the black background gives more contrast to the bright colored floral patterns. However, these two Flora patterns by Julia are quite clustered. As I look at the patterns it is hard for me to focus on a single drawing.Especially since I want my designs to quickly let the viewers know what the package is about the drawings should not be clustered instead they should be spread out.
Object Pattern reference link
This object pattern is less cluttered than the floral patterns, it makes the objects stand out more and more focused. I will use this style of the pattern instead. I want my packaging design to be more informative so therefore I will create it a way that is more visible to tell what type of soap it is. The object pattern drawings are also larger than the flora pattern which is good for eyesight, the larger the drawing the clearer it is.

1 comment:

  1. Once again you have gathered some interesting research but not really applied it in enough depth to your own ideas. I'd like to see images of your own development designs alongside what you are researching and drawing links between them and how you will put them into practise. You don't really identify enough the difference between the three designs you have featured here and you choose the third as the most influential which is the most simplified of the three. Is that the reason you have identified this one more positively? You must make this clear in your posts, again it appears you are not being in-depth enough when analysing your research.

    ReplyDelete