Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What types of Soaps will I design packaging for.

Introduction

I would like to create packaging designs and poster designs for exotic/tropical scented soaps. Two soaps will be fruity scented soaps and the other two will be flower scented soaps. I want these soaps to represent a tropical feeling. The image above consists of my ideas of how I want to represent my soaps.

reference link
I have looked at other packaging designs that had fruits and flowers on them. These designs interested me to create the packaging for exotic/tropical scented soaps. What really interested me about these packaging designs is that they seemed hand drawn.

These designs put emphasis on fruits and flowers. They truly stand out and the buyer will easily tell what the soap's scent is by the design. The design clearly gives a message since the drawings are bold and big. 



                                                                              
Reference Link
From this chart, I got to see the different tropical fruits that are out there. I have to pick two fruit that will be the scents of 2/4 of my soaps. That will be grapefruit and passion. Because I personally know how those fruits taste and smell and they are quite good.
Reference link
The image above shows the different tropical flowers that are out there. I can recognise 2, the hibiscus flower and the plumeria flower. 
The white and pink flowers on the image above are the types of plumeria flowers and the deep red flower in the middle is the hibiscus flower. I will be these flowers as scents for my soaps since I have had an experience with both. I grew up in Tanzania which is a tropical country and these types of flowers were growing in my backyard and they both have sweet scents.

Conclusion:
I will be designing the packaging and advertising for 4 tropical soap scents:

2 will be fruits scents:

  • passion
  • grapefruit

2 will be flower scents:
  • plumeria
  • hibiscus 

1 comment:

  1. In your previous post you talked about the different approach to packaging aimed at male and female customers. Were you thinking of designing for men and women? - because this post seems to focus purely on a female target market. Again there needs to be more in depth analysis of your research and why you have chosen these specific elements to use as the basis of your design ideas. You could look at what these flowers represent - are they used as symbols anywhere, do any of them have medical properties etc. There needs to be a better reason for choosing them. For instance Plumeria flowers were associated with deities (Gods) in ancient culture, they are also the national flower of Nicaragua and Laos whilst, Hibiscus is the flower of the Hindu goddess Kali and is the national symbol of Haiti. Remember to explore every aspect of your project.

    ReplyDelete