Saturday, May 25, 2019

Patterns Process


Firstly, I started out drawing the design in the middle of the paper making sure that it was not touching the edges of the paper. Then I divided the paper in half so it would be easier for me to cut the paper. I used a normal HB pencil to draw out the design and I used a cutting knife and cutting matt when I was cutting the paper in half when the paper was laid horizontally . 
 Then I switched the two halves of the paper from left to right. Afterwards, I taped the paper on the back.

 Afterwards, I turned the paper back to the front to add extra drawings in the spaces, once again making sure that it is not touching the edges of the paper.
I folded the paper once again and cut it when the paper was laid vertically. Afterwards, I switched the two halves left to right and taped the paper on the back.  The last image is the final look of the pattern layout. The reason why I had to cut the paper and switch its sides is that it could form a larger pattern when connected. I will be creating copies of this pattern design and connecting it on Photoshop.
  These hibiscus images were my reference points for my designs and most of the drawing was added with my imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment