Monday, June 3, 2019

Research for Advertisement

I have decided to design also the advertisement for the soap. I want to create billboard advertisements, bus stand advertisements and advertisements that are on buses. For this, I had to research to see how these types of advertisements look and see how I can create them.
reference link

Reference link
From what I have noticed from these two advertisements that are on the buses is that they contain very little information that is effective. This is probably because of space isn't enough and since it is on a bus it needs to be large enough for the people to see from far away. What I have noticed is the brand name, the logo and the small information about the product or business is on the bus, as well as an image of a person. That gives me an idea of what should be on my bus advertisements. 
reference link



reference link

Reference link
The images above are of the billboard advertisements for the soap lux. What I have noticed about these advertisements is that they have much less wording and more imagery on them. I believe this because of the idea of it the other information if kept on the advertisement poster would not be visible or if they were made larger to be seen it would look so clustered and not pleasing to look at. Not only does our brain process visual information so much more effectively than text, visuals are simply more persuasive (Parsons, 2018).” This quote explains to me why there is more imagery in the advertisement, this because of the fact that imagery is more effective and speaks more than words.
reference link

I have also looked at the advertisement poster for dove bar soap. Here they have an image and a tagline that relates to the image of the girls hugging each other. The advertisement contains the logo/name of the brand at the top right corner of the advertisement and the packaging of the soap and the bar soap itself on the bottom right of the advertisement. As I can see,  this advertisement is simple but is consistent and everything links together the imagery,  the tagline and the packaging of the soap. This gives me an idea of how my advertisements for my soaps should look like. And it also give me an idea of what my tagline should be about, it should link with the idea I am trying to sell.





The images above without referencing links are of the photographs I took from walking around the city centre in Leicester. I went to bus stops and studied the advertisements that were out there and I also looked at the advertisements that were on the buses that passed by.  The bus stop advertisements had a lot of information compared to the advertisements on the buses. I believe this because people can approach closer to the advertisements that are on the bus stops but the buses are moving so they need more imagery and few words that are bold and large enough to read from far.




No comments:

Post a Comment