Monday, June 3, 2019

Inserting designs into Packaging Mockup



From the image above you can see the striking differences between women’s and men’s razor. The women’s razor is on the left and men’s razor is on the right. When I look at the women’s razor I can see the bright colours of light green and light blue with a contrasting purple colour. While the men’s packaging has more of the darker colours such as grey, black and dark blue. The women’s packaging of the razor has letters which are curved and flowing. The men’s packaging letters are bolder and larger. They looking bulky rather than curvy. This shows me what the stereotypes about men and women are. Women are defined as curvy and men are described as bulky. For my major project what interests me is to focus on brighter colours and designs that attract women, especially since I am a woman and I use these types of products. I will address my designs to target women because of brighter colours I will be using as well as the curvy typography.

I decided to look at what curvy fonts were on photoshop so that I could use one of them for my packaging design.

Out of the 5 different fonts I personally liked Edwardian Script ITC. It looked elegant and it was very curvey. I also chose the name Revive as my brand name. The reason behind it is because I wanted to portray the soaps as refreshing, especially since they were of tropical scents.  When I think about a tropical place I think of it as refreshing and natural. So, therefore, I chose to use "Revive" as the brand name meaning the soap is bringing a person back to life and refreshes them.

I inserted my designs into the layers for the packaging box mockup. I also enlarged the design of the pattern in order that it would be spacious and large enough to be very noticeable.

Then I added a rectangular box into the design for the Brand name and the soap scent so that they would stand out. Because from my research I noticed that the wording on the packaging design should have space all around it. I believe this because it makes it easier to see and read the words.
I used a ruler guide on photoshop because I wanted my package design to be almost symmetrical when it comes to the designing of the information of the soap. I wanted it to be neat and organized.

This is the layer that enables me to put a design into the soap itself.

In this layer, I kept the name of the brand and a line stroke which is part of the brand. Because what I have learnt from my research about the packaging designs and soap is that consistency is key. 
I used a Google QR code generator to add create a QR code for my packaging design.

Here is how the design looks like with my passionfruit pattern design and the information. 

After I was done with editing the package box. I started to edit the soap as well. I change the colour of the soap in order for it to match the colour of the passionfruit.

After I was done designing the packaging box and the soap. I edited the background of the soap and the package box. I wanted to make the package box a soap to stand out so therefore I was trying out different colours that would compliment the package box and the soap.
I ended up choosing this colour for the background. I chose it because it really contrasted very well with the objects.

I used the same process for the other designs of the packaging. I made the brand name of the packaging small and the name of the soap scent larger. I did this because I wanted to deliver the information of what the soap is first then the brand as the second thought. However, what changed from my designs from the passionfruit to the Plumeria and Hibiscus packaging designs is that I outlined the box so that it would stand out more rather than mix up with the background.






















No comments:

Post a Comment