Monday, June 3, 2019

Reflection and final designs







The images above are of the final soap packaging and advertisement designs that I have created. I have created 4 packaging designs and 3 advertisement posters.

Reflection:
I think I could have done a much better and more in-depth analysis of the research if I had more time. Throughout this major project, I had other assessments to work on so, therefore, I did not put enough effort into my research. I also struggled with time management and I did not keep track to with my major project plan. However, through this project, I have learnt how to use a Wacom platform to create my designs and I learnt how imagery is very essential in packaging and advertisement. I also learnt how to create a packaging design that is targeted for women by the types of colours I use and the fonts. For example, the colours you would see in most feminine packages is pastel or bright colours and the type of fonts you would see are curvey fonts. Curvey fonts are used to imitate a woman curvy shape. I have learnt that curvy fonts imply feminine qualities, therefore, they are used in most packaging designs that are for women.  While designing the patterns on photoshop on a Wacom platform, it did not occur to me that it will take a lot of time. For most of my project, I think the creation of the pattern was the hardest for me, especially since it was my first doing it. All in all, I am impressed with the designs I have created in the time that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment