Monday, June 3, 2019

Advertisement Design Process

For my advertisement designs, I needed to insert images of a woman into my designs in order to illustrate that soap is meant for women. So I asked one of my female friends to model for me.



Before my friend started to model, I had to pick out the clothes she would wear for the photoshoot. Because I wanted her tow were clothes that match the packaging design colour. I ended up picking the yellow and the red top for the photo shoot.

I used a D700 canon camera to take the photos of my friend and I also used a photo studio to take photographs in. Since I have been taking Photography classes I was able to take perfect shots of my classmate.

I used a white background and white lighting. I used a white background so that it would be easier for me to crop her body out with a "magic eraser" tool on Photoshop. I used the white lighting in order to get all facial features seen in high quality because from my advertisement research I have noticed that the photographs of the models are always represented with a high quality of visibility.
After I cropped out the body of my classmate from the white background, I moved her body onto the free mockup template for bus stop advertisement. The Mockup had a layer where I could input my designs. I placed my model, the soap package design and soap into the poster. At the top, I placed the brand name and the line underneath the brand name. Underneath the line, I put the description "Bar Soap". I kept the font of the brand name and the design of the line underneath the brand name consistent to link the advertisement to the packaging design of the soap. I decided to use a pink background in order to contrast with model and the packaging design.

I used a tagline "Refresh Yourself," to illustrate the idea that soap refreshes a person when they use it. I also added a bit of information about the soap brand. In the bottom right corner, I added a QR code and the bottom middle of the poster I added the website link.  I did this in order for the target group can easily get more information.

This how the design looks on the bus stand.

For my second bus stand advertisement, there was a lot more space since it was rectangular. So for this advertisement, I made the image of the model larger. I used a gradient tool for the background. I used the colour pink as well for the background as well.

I then added the image of model.

Then I added the packaging design and the soap onto the poster. I placed them on top of the model's hand. I wanted it to seems as though she was representing the soap.

I added the same information as the first bus stop advertisement.

This how the second bus advertisements looks like.

For my third advertisement, I used a bus mockup.

I had to make my image of my model fit into the black rectangles. If there are in the white the image would not be seen.

For the bus advertisement, I added little information because there was not enough space and I need the wording to be large enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment